For the Crust
• 1 box yellow cake mix
• 1 ¼ creamy sunbutter
• 10 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
• 2 large eggs
For the Filling
• 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
• 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Using an electric mixer on low speed, combine all crust ingredients. It will be thick
• Set aside 1 ¼ cups crust mix. Press remaining crust into bottom and partially up the side of a 9 x13 baking pan that has been lined with parchment.
• To make filling place chocolate chips and condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl and head for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate chips are melted. You may have to pop it back in for 15-30 seconds. Stir in vanilla.
• Pour filling over crust in pan and spread evenly. Crumble reserved crust mix over top of filling.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
• Cool completely before cutting into bars.
NOTE: This recipe is a favorite from my childhood. My mom made it so many times. Of course back in the day we ate peanut butter. Now too many are allergic so…sunbutter it is!